275 Erb Street East, Waterloo, Ontario N2J 1N6
March 2013: Over the past year, Parkminster has been involved in an intentional process, examining who we are and who God is calling us to be. The Congregational Development Team has hosted "conversations" exploring specific questions with interested church members; it has explored "best practices" with other churches; it has further critically looked at what we are now doing, and what we might do in the future. All of these things are now feeding into new ways of being church. You can read more about our evolving at Parkminster Evolving
This process has also provided opportunity to reflect on those things that we do well, and what makes Parkminster the church community it is. One of the results of this process are the following identity statements:
Parkminster is a theologically evolving community of faith that:
- Celebrates the rich heritage of our Christian faith
- Takes seriously the spiritual search as believers, questioners and questioning believers
- Celebrates music as a key expression of the Spirit
- Nurtures children and youth in their spiritual journey
- Is welcoming, open, inclusive
- Respects our diversity as we seek unity in the Spirit
- Has a wealth of gifts, talents and passions
- Practices our spirituality by serving others and reaching out to the community beyond our doors
- Demonstrates a strong sense of fellowship and commitment to caring for each other, and our world
- Embraces the sacredness of all life and the living earth.
God is calling us to be an evolving community of faith inspired to embrace our future as we:
- Deepen our commitment to each other
- Nurture our spiritual vitality and growth
- Live a life of loving influence in the world.
- Parkminster is now embarking on a JNAC process that is examining all of our ministry needs and how to fill them - both with ministerial and lay staff, paid and volunteer.