899 Main Street, Sauble Beach, Ontario N0H 2G0
Sauble began as a Methodist Church (Zion) in 1875. With the purchase of a parcel of 12 acres of land, not far from the previous location, ground was broken for a new church in September 1998, leading to the grand opening of the new building in June 1999. The seemingly impossible task of burning the mortgage occurred a mere three years later.
The church is wheelchair accessible, and has a fully-equipped kitchen, many functional rooms, sanctuary with modern sound system, six sets of hearing aids, seating for 300 people and colourful stained-glass windows.
Sauble is noted for being a friendly congregation with a very warm comfortable atmosphere. The life and work of the church includes choir, bell choirs, United Church Women, Cubs and Scouts. The majority of members and adherents are middle-aged and seniors with a variety of professional backgrounds and interests.